[Corpora-List] Looking for large individual L2 learner corpora

Morten Christiansen christiansen at cornell.edu
Mon Jun 10 20:45:22 UTC 2013

Hi Corpora-List users,

I'm looking for large corpora with spoken language by individual L2 learners. I'm aware of resources such as the LINDSEI corpus, which contains interviews with many L2 learners but where there's only about 1-2K words per individual learner. The largest corpus that I've found so far for an individual learner, the Andrea corpus (part of the European Science Foundation Second Language Databank), contained some 5.6K words after processing.

I would welcome pointers to individual L2 learner corpora that contain more than 6K words. The above corpora relate to L2 speakers of English, but I'd be interested in other languages as well.

The corpora will be used to compare the building blocks of L1 and L2 learning using computational modeling.

Best,
	Morten Christiansen
------
Morten H. Christiansen, PhD
Professor, Department of Psychology, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853
Co-Director, Cornell Cognitive Science Program
External Professor, Santa Fe Institute
Office: 228 Uris Hall   ||   Phone: +1 (607) 255-3834 (dept)   ||   Fax: +1 (607) 255-8433
Email:  christiansen at cornell.edu
Web: http://www.psych.cornell.edu/people/Faculty/mhc27.html
Cornell Cognitive Neuroscience Lab: http://cnl.psych.cornell.edu