[Corpora-List] Recommendations for morphological segmenter?

Potts, Amanda a.potts at lancaster.ac.uk
Wed Jun 19 10:42:53 UTC 2013

Hello everyone,

I was wondering whether anyone could recommend a tool for automated morphological segmentation. Either a script or a feature in a programme would be really helpful for me. I'm hoping to perform morpheme splitting on relatively small datasets (roughly 6 million words total), and would ideally like to be able to generate wordlists of affixes and other morphemes and to search for types of morphemes (either in their lexical forms or tagged by the tool). Has anyone used anything like this with a good degree with reliability? Thanks very much for any advice you can give me.

Amanda Potts