[Corpora-List] Questions for Google syntactic N-grams corpus

Mark Davies Mark_Davies at byu.edu
Wed Nov 13 14:05:00 UTC 2013

An alternate interface for the Google Books n-grams is at:

http://googlebooks.byu.edu/

This interface allows you to search by part of speech, lemma, synonyms, collocates, and to compare results across different portions of the n-grams datasets. For a comparison of this interface and the standard Google Books n-grams interface, see:

http://googlebooks.byu.edu/compare-googleBooks.asp

Also, just a few quick links to show what type of displays one can get from the data:

http://googlebooks.byu.edu/?c=us&q=26566890
All matching strings, by decade

http://googlebooks.byu.edu/?c=us&q=26566893
Overall frequency of all matching strings, by decade

http://googlebooks.byu.edu/?c=us&q=26566903
Matching strings for just one part of the corpus (here, 199os-2000)

Best,

Mark Davies

Mark Davies
Professor of Linguistics / Brigham Young University
http://davies-linguistics.byu.edu/

** Corpus design and use // Linguistic databases **
** Historical linguistics // Language variation **
** English, Spanish, and Portuguese **