[Corpora-List] Looking for irregular word lists in French, German, Spanish and Dutch

Gilles Sérasset Gilles.Serasset at imag.fr
Fri Nov 29 11:30:27 UTC 2013

Hi Johannes,

For inflected forms of French, you could use the DELAS/DELAF : these are French word list (DELAS: non-inflected, DELAF: inflected forms):
http://www-igm.univ-mlv.fr/~laporte/serveur/Dictionnaires/index.html

you could also use the LEFFF: http://alpage.inria.fr/~sagot/lefff.html
the Lefff intensionnel will give you non-inflected forms with flexion info.
the LEFFF extensionnel will give you all inflected forms corresponding to the previous ones.

I did not understand if you wanted to harvest wiktionaries for inflected forms, but this is really not usefull (many inflected forms are missing, some wiktionary will use infobox for this (and may be harvested), but others will create entries for inflected form and note in the definition (and part of speech) that it is an inflected form. Parsing will get tedious if you want to have it in all languages...

 However, if you want to get the synonymy relations, you can use dbnary:
http://kaiko.getalp.org/about-dbnary

It extracts many lexical data from 10 language editions of wiktionary and provides it in RDF format. Extracting the synonyms is quite easy from this... Feel free to ask me if you are interested.

Regards,

Gilles,

On 29 nov. 2013, at 10:28, Johannes Hellrich <johannes.hellrich at uni-jena.de> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm looking for lists of irregular verbs and nouns, including both inflected and non-inflected forms. I want to use those to add support for French, German, Spanish and Dutch (biomedical) synonyms to the meteor SMT-evaluation tool.
> My best guess at the moment is harvesting wiktionary, yet those lists seem to be rather short/incomplete.
> Thank you very much,
>
> Johannes Hellrich
> www.julielab.de

Gilles Sérasset
GETALP-LIG                         BP 53 - F-38041 Grenoble Cedex 9
Phone: +33 4 76 51 43 80                   Fax:   +33 4 76 63 56 86