[Corpora-List] Notes on preprocessing time

liling tan alvations at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 06:47:09 UTC 2013

Dear fellow NLPers,

I'm taking some notes on how much time people spend to preprocess texts
during your NLP experiments.
Can you help me to answer a few simple questions?

First choose an NLP experiment you've completed that requires you to
preprocess text.
Then answer the following questions:

*Task:*
*Tools:*
*Dataset:*
*Time to learn how to use the dataset* (just guestimate (guess-estimate)):
*Time taken to produce preprocessed data* (e.g. changing from one format to
another, POS tagging, parsing text to trees):
*Time spent to produce your model for your experiment* (also just
guestimate):

Thanks for helping me to answer the questions above. If you've experience
with more than 1 experiment, please feel free to answer the questions again
for each question =)

Thank you and best regards,
Liling Tan