[Corpora-List] just forwarding an interesting post which seemed to get trapped in an attachment...

Krishnamurthy, Ramesh r.krishnamurthy at aston.ac.uk
Wed Oct 23 15:44:23 UTC 2013

Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 15:12:20 +0200
From: Sylviane Granger <sylviane.granger at uclouvain.be>
Subject: [Corpora-List] Use of learner corpus data
To: corpora at uib.no

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: text/html
Size: 1399 bytes
Desc: not available

The attachment read:

 Dear all,
   I'm looking for as much information as possible on concrete uses of
   learner corpus data for:
   - curriculum and materials design (textbooks, vocabulary books, CALL
   programs, writing aids, etc.)
   - reference tools (pedagogical grammars and dictionaries)
   - classroom methodology
   Many publications describe the potential use of learner corpus data,
   but I would like to collect information on actual use. The data can be
   used indirectly (selection and ordering of sections) or directly
   (inclusion of error detection and correction exercises based on
   authentic learner errors, data-driven learning exercises using learner
   corpus data).
   You can send the information to the list or directly to me. I'll post a
   summary of the responses to the list.
   Many thanks for your help!
   Best wishes,
   Sylviane

   Professor Sylviane Granger
   Director of the Centre for English Corpus Linguistics
   Universite catholique de Louvain
   Place Blaise Pascal 1
   Bte L3.03.33
   B-1348 Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium)