[Corpora-List] Semantic parsing for the robot commands corpus by integrating spatial knowledge

Chris Brew christopher.brew at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 00:18:06 UTC 2013

It'll be much easier to do the feedback from dialog context and real-world
situation if you use a parser that is designed, from the outset, to
integrate information from multiple levels of representation.

One such is XLE http://www2.parc.com/isl/groups/nltt/xle/

To do this with XLE, you would need to have, or write, a grammar that works
for your domain of interest. That may be daunting, but actually, I think
the representational challenges in retrofitting semantic and pragmatic
sensitivity onto present-day statistical parsers are just as daunting,
albeit in a different way.Goldberg's parsers are really nice (cf. Honnibal,
Goldberg, Johnson, 2013 at CONLL2013 for the latest and greatest), but the
problems that they solve are only a subset of what you need to solve your
problem.

Do inform the list what approach you decide to take. A good general
solution would be wonderful to have.

Chris