[Corpora-List] Extracting files from BNC and ICE-GB

Mike Scott mike at lexically.net
Fri Sep 13 18:23:01 UTC 2013

I had this message from Martin Wynne recently when I asked him about BNC
sound files:

***
Most of the audio BNC is now available online. If you go to
http://www.phon.ox.ac.uk/AudioBNC you can register and get access to the
files. ***

I found the system there certainly complex and decided that I'd need to
write a program to parse the various listings. (That plan is still
sitting on a back burner I'm afraid.)

Cheers -- Mike

On 12/09/2013 08:42, Ludivine Crible wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Has any of you ever worked with language data (transcripts and sound
> files) outside of the corpus-exploring softwares (ICECUP and XAIRA) ?
> I find extracting the files close to impossible, and even the original
> CDs are not so helpful (30-odd sound files for a single extract,
> transcripts in .cor ...). Is there a simple way to do this ?
>
> Thanks a lot !
>
> Ludivine Crible

Mike Scott

***
If you publish research which uses WordSmith, do let me know so I can include it at
http://www.lexically.net/wordsmith/corpus_linguistics_links/papers_using_wordsmith.htm
***
Aston University and Lexical Analysis Software Ltd.
mike at lexically.net
www.lexically.net