[Corpora-List] Previous studies on the frequencies of phrasal verbs in the BNC (spoken)

Adam Kilgarriff adam at lexmasterclass.com
Wed Sep 25 11:16:33 UTC 2013

Alexander, Maggie,

sorry to say, there are no phrasal verbs in my BNC frequency lists.
 Distinguishing between, eg "look for ten minutes" vs. "look for the
number" is very tough

adam

Adam Kilgarriff <http://www.kilgarriff.co.uk/>
adam at lexmasterclass.com
Director                                    Lexical Computing
Ltd<http://www.sketchengine.co.uk/>

Visiting Research Fellow                 University of
Leeds<http://leeds.ac.uk>

*Corpora for all* with the Sketch Engine <http://www.sketchengine.co.uk>

                        *DANTE: a lexical database for
English<http://www.webdante.com>