[Corpora-List] WordNet vs Ontology

Alberto Simões albie at alfarrabio.di.uminho.pt
Wed Aug 6 10:58:32 UTC 2014

Dear Liling,

I am no expert on either topics, but by the most usual definition
Wordnet is an Ontology.

Ontologies are usually entities, that describe concepts, related
(hierarchically or not) using any kind of relation.

So, I see a wordnet where each synset is an entity.

But probably this is my simplified view of these concepts.

Best,
Alberto