[Corpora-List] Does anyone still use tgrep?

Kevin B. Cohen kevin.cohen at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 18:33:51 UTC 2014

Hi, folks,

I'm curious as to whether any of the people on this list doing corpus-based
syntax still use tgrep.  I've been teaching it for years in my corpus
linguistics course, but was considering replacing it with something else
this year.  Then I was digging around in the Stanford CoreNLP dcoref code
and found that their filter for pleonastic "it" uses tgrep patterns.  Now
I'm rethinking whether or not to drop tgrep from my course.  Is anyone else
still using/teaching tgrep?

Thanks,

Kev

--
Kevin Bretonnel Cohen, PhD
Biomedical Text Mining Group Lead, Computational Bioscience Program,