[Corpora-List] New application available: Mobile plWordNet

CLARIN-PL clarin-pl at pwr.edu.pl
Wed Dec 17 13:16:37 UTC 2014

Dear All,
free mobile application for plWordNet browsing (Mobile plWordNet) is now available on Google Play.
We invite you to download, use it and share your opinions with us.
Mobile plWordNet is a free of charge browsing application for plWordNet (Polish language wordnet). The application provides thesaurus, description of semantic relations between words, hierarchy of concepts and brief comments and examples of use (usage examples are provided currently for a sample of units, we will provide more comments and examples in subsequent versions).
Mobile plWordNet allows for browsing and following the links between the words within two dictionaries: Polish-language plWordNet 2.2 and Princeton Wordnet 3.1. So far, the available version of plWordNet contains interlingual relations for nouns only. Still, it is already the largest publicly accessible Polish-English and English-Polish dictionary.
Mobile plWordNet can be used offline, only a one-time connection to the Internet is required in order to download current version of the database (automatic updates are being made available once in a while).
NOTE! Database download size is approx. 70MB, and storing it after unpacking on a mobile device needs approx. 190 MB. When downloading, we recommend using stable internet connection.
Download application
Browse plWordNet online
What is plWordNet?

On behalf of plWordNet Team