[Corpora-List] Linguistic Data Manager position open at Ivona Software in Gdynia

Remus Mois rmois at ivona.com
Tue Feb 11 07:43:12 UTC 2014

Apologies for advertising this opening here but I can’t think of a better place to find the rights person for the available position.

IVONA Software, an Amazon Company, researches, develops and delivers cutting edge multi-language Text to Speech technology, leading in voice quality, accuracy and ease of use. We are a team of creative people who successfully combine passion and ambition in creating one of the best speech synthesizers in the world. We are constantly expanding our market reach and our voice and language portfolio.

This position is based at the IVONA headquarters in Gdynia, Poland.

As a Linguistic Data Manager you will work alongside Software Developers who are subject matter experts in speech synthesis and related fields to define and fulfill linguistic data needs. You will lead linguistic data management across the team.
You will oversee data specifications and requirements guidelines in collaboration with business and technical stakeholders. You will collaborate with the infrastructure team to define and evaluate tools for managing linguistic data (e.g., third-party annotation tools) You will work with legal department to ensure compliance with data copyrights and licenses. You will hire and manage part-time multilingual staff of linguistics consultants, including use of crowdsourcing (e.g., Amazon Mechanical Turk) Qualifications.

As a Linguistic Data Manager you will be responsible for the quality of the language-related resources needed for TTS development.

We offer for a Linguistic Data Manager:
· Positive and friendly atmosphere within an ambitious and professional team, developing some of the most innovative projects in the world,
· Independence in carrying out tasks,
· Opportunity to develop a career in a reputable and dynamic company with global reach,
· Attractive and stable conditions of employment,
· Opportunity to work with all areas of the company.

Basic qualifications:
· Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a language related discipline (e.g., linguistics, specific languages).
· 3-5 years related experience in a linguistic environment.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Solid knowledge of phonetics and phonology.
· Familiarity with scripting languages (Perl, Python)
· Strong personal interest in learning, researching, and creating new technologies related to foreign languages, linguistics and phonetics.
· Comfort with statistical measurements of data quality. Ability to generate and communicate meaningful metrics.
· Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment.
· Ability to prioritize responsibilities and manage time effectively.
· Basic knowledge of software development lifecycle

Preferred qualifications:
· Text-to-Speech technology background.
· Experience with crowd-sourced testing.
· Proficient in at least one scripting language such as: Perl, Python.
· Familiarity with version control systems.
· Knowledge of regular expressions.
· Experience in people management
· Knowledge of any of the languages below:
Japanese
Chinese
Arabic
Hindi

--
Best regards,
Remus

Remus Mois
Software Development Manager
Ivona Software, an Amazon Company

We’re hiring SDEs in Gdynia, Poland. We’re building TTS voices which will enhance user interactions with Amazon products and services. We’re working hard, having fun, making history; come join us!  Get in touch with me or send a note via recruitment at ivona.com, and check out job postings at http://www.ivona.com/en/jobs/.