[Corpora-List] Online survey of the current freely available Arabic corpora

Khalid CHOUKRI choukri at elda.org
Tue Jan 28 12:31:42 UTC 2014

Dear Wajdi,

you may want to start from the surveys conducted within the MEDAR
project   http://www.medar.info/
(survey report available at: http://www.medar.info/MEDAR_Survey_III.pdf);

This is compiled into a knowledge database available from our site:
http://elda.org/medar_knowledge_base/

we will be happy to join forces and update this database

Best regards
Khalid

Wajdi Zaghouani wrote, On 28/01/2014 11:29:
> Dear all,
>

> For some reason my previous post (issue 32 of Corpora) was not formatted
> correctly, sorry for that. Below is the post again. Thanks.
>

>   I am conducting an online survey of the current freely available Arabic
> corpora/lexicon. You can fill the form online, it can take only 5-10
> minutes.
>
> Please fill the online form below:
> https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1N2W76d8Uxnzx--0Dj6An2mJr8KzeR0U1rF6pOj6Djjg/viewform
>
> The goal is to create an updated list of freely available Arabic corpora
> with a short description for each corpus. The corpus could be from any size
> and any format (speech, text, lexicon, machine translation, evaluation. The
> only condition is that your corpus should be freely available to the
> general research community.
>

> I really appreciate your help if you can fill the form or share it with
> your colleagues.
> Please feel free to contact me if you have any comments / questions.
>
> Wajdi Zaghouani

> Wajdi Zaghouani
>
> Research Associate
>
> Carnegie Mellon University-Qatar, Education City
>
> PO Box 24866, Doha, Qatar
>
> Office: CMU-Q 1210, Phone: (+974) 4454-8646
>
> Email: wajdiz at qatar.cmu.edu
>
> Web: www.qatar.cmu.edu/~wajdiz/ <http://www.qatar.cmu.edu/%7Ewajdiz/>
>   Wajdi Zaghouani
> Research Associate
> Carnegie Mellon University-Qatar, Education City
> PO Box 24866, Doha, Qatar
> Office: CMU-Q 1210, Phone: (+974) 4454-8646
> Email: wajdiz at qatar.cmu.edu
> Web: www.qatar.cmu.edu/~wajdiz/

*Khalid Choukri *
ELRA General secretary & ELDA CEO
email: choukri at elda.org;
Web: www.elra.info www.elda.org
Tel. +33 1 43 13 33 33 - Fax. +33 1 43 13 33 30

** Info on LREC: www.lrec-conf.org

*