[Corpora-List] post-doc offer IRIT, Univ. Toulouse, France, SRL and discourse analysis

philippe muller philippe.muller at irit.fr
Fri Jul 11 14:36:20 UTC 2014

In the context of the Asfalda ANR Project, we are offering a
post-doctoral fellowship for 1 year
to work with Asfalda members at the University of Toulouse (France), in
  IRIT lab.
Asfalda aims at developping a semantically annotated corpus and
processing tools for
semantic analysis, trained on the project corpus, within the FrameNet
framework.
FrameNet defines a set of prototypical frames along with a
characterisation of their
participants. Frames are related in a hierarchy, along with diverse
semantic links.
The post-doc objective is to enrich this somewhat loose structure. The
resulting
relations between frames are useful for discourse analysis and to
complete semantic
annotations of contextually connected frame structures.
This will be done in two steps: first focusing on finding typical
lemma-to-lemma
relations, in an unsupervised way. The second step will be to
disambiguate the related lemmas to assign the relations to the
proper frames, together with corresponding role-to-role links. There we
plan to use the semantic role labeller
developped in the project's other work packages, and the annotated corpus.

We are looking for applicants with a background in Natural Language
Processing,
and with familiarity with machine learning techniques, both supervised
and unsupervised,
and ideally some expertise on the topics involved in the project (SRL,
discourse, computational lexical semantics).

Project PI: Marie Candito, Alpage, Univ Paris Diderot & INRIA
https://sites.google.com/site/anrasfalda/

We will accept applications until August, 31st, 2014.

Dates: 1 year, from October, 1st 2014.

Gross Salary: 3413€/mois (net ~ 2730€)

Contact:
farah.benamara, philippe.muller, adding the domain: irit.fr
IRIT,  MELODI groupe
CNRS/Université Paul Sabatier
http://www.irit.fr/-Equipe-MELODI-?lang=en