[Corpora-List] Postdoc opening in NLP/MT in the DC area at UMD

Hal Daumé III hal at cs.utah.edu
Sun Jun 8 14:43:33 UTC 2014

A postdoc position is available in the Computational Linguistics and
Information Processing (CLIP) Laboratory in the Institute for Advanced
Computer Studies at University of Maryland. We are seeking a talented
researcher in *natural language processing, specializing in statistical
machine translation*.

A successful candidate should have a strong NLP background with a track
record of top-tier research publications. A Ph.D. in computer science or
related discipline is expected and strong organizational and
coordination skills are a must. In addition to pursuing original
research in MT, the ideal candidate will help coordinate our MT efforts.
Experience with machine learning, Mandarin (the language), and MapReduce
would all be considered a plus.

The successful candidate will work closely with current CLIP faculty,
especially Philip Resnik and Hal Daume III, while interacting with a
large team involving NLP researchers across multiple prominent
organizations. The official duration of the position is one year,
starting Summer or Fall 2014, and is potentially extendable.

CLIP is a a dynamic interdisciplinary computational linguistics
laboratory with faculty from across the university, and major research
efforts in machine translation, machine learning, information retrieval,
computational social science, and large-scale statistical language
processing tools. We have a very strong track record of research
innovation and of placing postdocs in excellent positions following
their time with us.

Please send a CV with names and contact information of three referees,
preferably by e-mail, to Philip Resnik, resnik AT umd DOT edu. Please
begin your subject line with "POSTDOC" for prompt attention.

We are particularly interested in hearing from candidates that we could
speak with in person at the June 23-25 ACL conference in Baltimore.