[Corpora-List] Corpora of sports reports

Simon Smith smithsgj at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 00:40:47 UTC 2014

Dear corpora list members, I'm sending this on behalf of one of my supervisees:

I am Zelong Liu, a student of MA ELT in Coventry University. I have
created two corpora, the basketball match report from the webpage of
BBL (British Basketball League) and NBA (National Basketball
Association) of America, and I intend to conduct some research on the
basis of the corpora as the work of my final dissertation.

I have not been able to find much in the way of background literature,
and I was wondering if list members knew of any other examples of
sports report corpora or research based on them?

Thanks in advance.

Zelong Liu

Simon Smith, PhD
Senior Lecturer