[Corpora-List] gender differences in word knowledge

Erin McKean erin at logocracy.com
Sat Jun 21 15:22:50 UTC 2014

I know you are just joking, but the original post was about words that
different genders recognize, not "like".

We should be very careful as scientists not to reinforce gender
stereotypes, especially such dated and offensive ones as "women are
gold-diggers".

Of course this was a light-hearted comment, but I believe that "the
standard you walk by is the standard you accept," and I don't believe
that "ha ha, women are gold diggers!" jokes should be standard on an
academic mailing list.

Erin
Erin McKean
@emckean/@reverb/@wordnik