[Corpora-List] Fwd: examples of the use of the terms "prototypical" or "prototypicality"

Phil Gooch philgooch at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 06:54:59 UTC 2014

My understanding of prototypes was more about the s-v-o patterns in which
the more central categories tend to appear, e.g.

{Person} fire {Person}
{Person} fire {Weapon}

and the interesting exceptions, e.g. Eastenders speak, {Person} fire
{Building} e.g. 'Frank Butcher fired the car lot to get the insurance
money', 'Didn't he also fire the Queen Vic?'

Phil