[Corpora-List] COLING 2014 Update - Invited Speakers, Social Programme, Call for Papers and More

John Judge jjudge at computing.dcu.ie
Fri Mar 14 15:11:28 UTC 2014

********** Apologies for cross-posting **********

COLING 2014
http://www.coling-2014.org

Dublin, Ireland, 23-29 August, 2014

With St Patrick’s Day upon us many great landmarks around the world are
turning green to honour the Patron Saint of Ireland and to shine a
spotlight on the Emerald Isle. We’re very proud to host COLING here in
Ireland this year so to mark the occasion we’re happy to share with you
some highlights of this year’s event.

Invited speakers

The Programme Committee and Scientific Advisory Board have been working
hard to ensure a varied and interesting range of invited talks for this
year’s event. This work has proven quite fruitful and we’re pleased to
announce Martin Kay (Stanford University), Qun Liu (CNGL) and Ted Gibson
(MIT) as invited speakers for this year’s conference. The invited
speaker programme is not complete yet, so be sure to keep an eye out for
future announcements

Social Programme Announced
In addition to the scientific programme, we have put a lot of effort
into arranging a wide and varied social programme for our delegates. The
Gala Dinner will take place on Tuesday August 26th in the Guinness
Storehouse at the world famous St. James’ Gate Guinness Brewery. This is
the most visited tourist attraction in Ireland, and offers our delegates
an opportunity to visit this truly unique site which is internationally
renowned and to enjoy some Irish hospitality. For more information see
http://www.coling-2014.org/banquet.php .

An excursion day on the Wednesday of the conference is something of a
COLING tradition and this year is no exception. With so many sights and
attractions to see in Dublin and the surrounding areas deciding on a
single trip was impossible. So for this year’s excursion day we’ve been
creative. Delegates have a choice of 4 different destinations catering
for lovers of history, culture, scenery and the city. Then all the
excursions converge in the historical Dining Hall of Trinity College
(which was founded by Queen Elizabeth I) in the heart of the city centre
for lunch. After lunch delegates have time to explore the streets of
Dublin; Grafton Street, Dublin’s main shopping area is right beside
Trinity College and other popular attractions close by are Dublin
Castle, the National Gallery, the Natural History Museum & Temple Bar.
For more information see http://www.coling-2014.org/excursion.php .

Registration Opening Next Week
COLING registration will be opening next week. Be sure to register early
to avail of our Early Bird rates. Registration for the main conference
as well as all Workshops and Tutorials will be done through a single
site. For more information see
http://www.coling-2014.org/registration.php and follow @Coling2014 on
Twitter for updates.

Call for Papers:

The first call for papers for the main conference is open for another
week. The deadline for paper submission is Friday March 21st at 23.59
UTC -12. This is a hard deadline, no extension will be offered. Papers
should be prepared using the paper templates available here
http://www.coling-2014.org/doc/coling2014.zip. For more information and
instructions for authors see the call for papers here
http://www.coling-2014.org/call-for-papers.php.

Sponsorship and Promotion Opportunities

With the tremendous impact and growth of COLING over many years, we have
set out a comprehensive offering of corporate sponsorship and support
opportunities for industry participants. The COLING 2014 organising
committee is committed to working in close partnership with corporate
supporters to maximise the benefits of sponsorship and provide
opportunities for sponsors to engage appropriately with COLING
delegates. With this in mind, if you wish to explore additional options
for support or means of engagement with the COLING 2014 community please
feel free to contact sponsorship at coling-2014.org.

--
John Judge

Research Fellow
CNGL - The Centre for Global Intelligent Content
META-NET CIO
COLING 2014 Local Chair

Email: jjudge at computing.dcu.ie
Phone: +353 1 700 6729
Skype: jjudge2
http://www.cngl.ie
http://www.meta-net.eu
http://www.coling-2014.org

Email Disclaimer
"This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are
intended solely for use by the addressee. Any unauthorised
dissemination, distribution or copying of this message and any
attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in
error please notify the sender and delete the message. Any views or
opinions presented in this email may solely be the views of the author
and cannot be relied upon as being those of Dublin City University.
E-mail communications such as this cannot be guaranteed to be virus
free, timely, secure or error free and Dublin City University do not
accept liability for any such matters or their consequences. Please
consider the environment before printing this Email."