[Corpora-List] DepecheMood: a lexicon of 37K words associated with emotion scores

Marco Guerini marco.guerini at gmail.com
Mon May 19 12:27:35 UTC 2014

Dear Colleagues,

we are pleased to announce the release of  DepecheMood, a high
coverage and high precision resource containing roughly 37,000 English
words associated with an emotion score included between 0 and 1 (for
emotions like AFRAID, HAPPY, INSPIRED, etc.).

Words are in the form lemma#PoS and are aligned with WordNet lists.
Scores are automatically derived from massive crowd-sourced affective
annotations provided by readers over tens of thousands of news
articles using distributional semantics approaches.

- The resource is freely available for research purposes at the
following link:  http://github.com/marcoguerini/DepecheMood/releases

- The methodology we used is described in: Jacopo Staiano, Marco
Guerini, "DepecheMood: a Lexicon for Emotion Analysis from
Crowd-Annotated News". To appear in Proceedings of ACL 2014. Preprint
available at: http://arxiv.org/abs/1405.1605

- If you want to play with it, we also have an online DEMO to analyze
the emotions evoked by a text: http://www.depechemood.eu/index.html

Best Regards

--
Marco Guerini, PhD