CRITICS: globalisation of discursive practices

Kay P Richardson kay100 at liverpool.ac.uk
Thu Nov 23 11:31:48 UTC 1995

Dear Norman (et al)

I am quite interested in this too.  I teach a course which considers questions of the
globalisation of culture, with a linguistic dimension.  I prefer to start from the baseline of
national culture and identity, and interrogate the extent to which we are moving beyond the
'national' reference point  - fragmentation/homogenization is just as relevant a dichotomy as
global/local for my purposes.  Nationhood still has a pretty strong hold, it would seem.  So -
yes I am interested: keep me posted