Sources or ideas?

Lutfi M. Hussein lutfi.hussein at ASU.EDU
Wed Dec 4 17:18:31 UTC 2002

Dear all,

[I apologize for cross-posting!]

I am a doctoral student of English linguistics at Arizona State University. I
am interested in the discursive representation of Arabs and Muslims in US
media. I have found Critical Discourse Analysis as theorized and practiced by
van Dijk and Fairclough to be effective and helpful especially in analyzing
press reports.

Currently, I'm researching the websites of some Arab American and Muslim
American organizations.

I need your help in finding sources. I would also appreciate any ideas or
suggestions you may have for me. As you all know, the Internet is such a new,
discursively complex medium. So, any comments you send me would be considered
and greatly appreciated.

Please, send your reply to this email address. <lutfi.hussein at lycos.com>

Thank you.
Lutfi