[Dgkl] 1st CALL FOR PAPERS (DGKL/GCLA-9, Sept 2020, Erfurt University)

Dr. Beate Hampe beate.hampe at uni-erfurt.de
Mon Nov 25 11:21:23 UTC 2019

DGKL-9

Wednesday, September 23 – Saturday, September 26, 2020

Erfurt University, Germany

www.uni-erfurt.de/tagungen/DGKL_2020/
<http://www.uni-erfurt.de/tagungen/DGKL_2020/>

The German Cognitive Linguistics Association (DGKL/GCLA) is pleased to
announce its 9^th international conference, DGKL/GCLA-9, to be held at
the University of Erfurt, from 23^rd to 26^th Sept. 2020. We are now
inviting proposals for contributions.

In line with the framing theme of the DGKL-9 “Cognitive Linguistics as
an Interdisciplinary Endeavour: Theoretical and Methodological
Challenges”, our plenary and keynote speakers will bring in a wide
variety of cognitive and usage-based perspectives on language,
illustrating the impressive methodological repertoire that the
proponents of the cognitive-functional paradigm in linguistic research
have accumulated over the past decades:

·/Ewa Dabrowska/(FAU Erlangen): The effects of literacy on grammar

·/Dirk Geeraerts/(KU Leuven): Boons and Bournes of Cloud Chasing. Recent
developments in distributional corpus semantics

·/Natalia Levshina/(MPI Nijmegen): Communicative efficiency:
Typological, corpus-based and experimental evidence

·/Irene Mittelberg /(RWTH Aachen)://Cognitive semiotic theory as a
common denominator for interdisciplinary, empirical gesture research

·/Friedemann Pulvermüller/(FU Berlin): Neural assemblage and
decomposition in construction learning

·/Sabine Stoll/(University of Zurich): Title to be announced

·/Kristian Tylén/(Aaarhus University): Language as shaped by the environment

·/Stefanie Wulff/(University of Florida & UiT The Arctic University of
Norway): Enjoying methods responsibly: In favor of theory-driven methods
selection

Papers from all subfields of Cognitive-Functional Linguistics are kindly
invited, including those wishing to discuss points of a theoretical
nature or those pursuing applied perspectives. Papers supporting the
conference theme, i.e. exhibiting a strong empirical basis and/or clear
interdisciplinary approach, are especially welcome. The working
languages of the conferences are English and German, proposals in both
languages are welcome.

Abstracts for posters and presentations can be submitted via our
conference website at www.uni-erfurt.de/tagungen/DGKL_2020/
<http://www.uni-erfurt.de/tagungen/DGKL_2020/>*from 15***^th * Dec 2019
to 15^th Feb 2020*. Colleagues wishing to organize a theme session in
line with the conference theme are kindly asked to contact us before
15^th Jan 2020 via our conference mail DGKL_2020 at uni-erfurt.de
<mailto:DGKL_2020 at uni-erfurt.de>. Our notifications of acceptance will
go out by 30^th April 2020, with registration opening on this latter
date as well.

Please, do not hesitate to mail any more specific queries directly to
DGKL_2020 at uni-erfurt.de <mailto:DGKL_2020 at uni-erfurt.de>.

With our very best wishes to everyone considering to join us at Erfurt
next year,

/Beate Hampe/and /Anja Binanzer/ (local organizers of DGKL-9)

--
Prof. Dr. Beate Hampe
www.uni-erfurt.de/anglistik/sprachstruktur/hampe/