[Dgkl] DGKL-9 (23rd-26th Sept 2020, Erfurt University): Last call for papers

Dr. Beate Hampe beate.hampe at uni-erfurt.de
Fri Mar 6 16:11:54 UTC 2020

Dear all,

Due to multiple requests, we have extended our deadline for abstract
submission a second time. Abstracts for talks and posters can now be
submitted via our conference management system until *31^st **March
2020*. If you wish to do so, please go to
www.uni-erfurt.de/tagungen/DGKL_2020/
<http://www.uni-erfurt.de/tagungen/DGKL_2020/>, choose "Calls for
papers" and use the link to the abstract submission system provided
there. Notifications of acceptance will be postponed accordingly and now
go out by *1**^st **June 2020*.

We are proud and very happy to announce the following confirmed
plenary/keynote speakers:

- /Ewa Dąbrowska/ (Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg),
"The effects of literacy on grammar"

- /Dirk Geeraerts/ (KU Leuven), "Boons and Bournes of Cloud Chasing.
Recent developments in distributional corpus semantics"

- /Adele E. Goldberg/ (Princeton University), topic t.b.a.

- /Irene Mittelberg/ (RWTH Aachen), "Cognitive semiotic theory as common
denominator for interdisciplinary, empirical gesture research"

- /Natalia Levshina/ (MPI Nijmegen), "Communicative efficiency:
Typological, corpus-based and experimental evidence"

- /Friedemann Pulvermüller/ (FU Berlin), "Neural assemblage and
decomposition in construction learning"

- /Sabine Stoll/ (UZH, University of Zurich), "First language
acquisition: How to extract patterns from the linguistic environment?"

- /Kristian Tylén/ (Aarhus University), "Language as shaped by the
environment"

- /Stefanie Wulff/ (University of Florida & UiT The Arctic University of
Norway): "Enjoying methods responsibly: in favor of theory-driven
methods selection"

Our pre-conference methods workshop "Classification trees and random
forests for linguistic data" will be given on the 22nd of September by
/Stefan Th. Gries/ (University of California at St. Barbara & University
of Gießen). Please, contact us, if you wish to participate.

Please, visit us at www.uni-erfurt.de/tagungen/DGKL_2020/
<http://www.uni-erfurt.de/tagungen/DGKL_2020/> for further information
and do not hesitate to use our conference mail <DGKL2020 at uni-erfurt.de>
or the link to the conference office provided at our conference
websiteto send us any more specific queries.

Best wishes to everyone in the meantime, we hope to see many of you in
Erfurt,

Beate Hampe (for the local organisers)

--
Prof. Dr. Beate Hampe
Language and its Structure (esp. English linguistics)