Education and linguistics

Richard Hudson dick at LINGUISTICS.UCL.AC.UK
Fri Apr 23 18:42:37 UTC 2004

Dear John,
Many thanks for this - much appreciated. The editors got comments from a
couple of referees. One was Raf Salkie (Brighton) who disagrees
fundamentally with my basically optimistic view of current developments,
but the editor wasn't too fussed about his complaints. The other
(unidentified) didn't say much. But I myself took out quite a large chunk
which could have been interpreted as a swipe at applied linguistics, which
I didn't really mean.
         Re Eats shoots and leaves, no I haven't seen SJ's article. Do you
know the url?
Dick