[EDLING:1120] [Fwd: Reminder: UNESCO Register of Good Practices in Language Preservation - Call for Submissions]

Tamara Warhol warholt at DOLPHIN.UPENN.EDU
Wed Dec 14 17:14:07 UTC 2005

 From UNESCO . . .

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Please allow me to bring to your attention once more the ongoing Call
for Submissions to the 'Register of Good Practices in Language
Preservation,' a database project that was launched by UNESCO's
Endangered Languages Programme in the summer of 2005
(www.unesco.org/culture/endangeredlanguages/goodpractices
<http://www.unesco.org/culture/endangeredlanguages/goodpractices>).

The purpose of this Register is to collect and make accessible
experience reports concerning any kind of language preservation effort,
from speaker communities, governmental and non-governmental
organizations, academic experts, etc. Our goal is to provide a free
online practice-based source of information as an aid and encouragement
for future language preservation projects.

To this end, I would like to invite you to submit any language
preservation-related projects that you or your organization are / have
been involved in to our Register, in order to share the knowledge and
experience gained with other current and future project agents.

Please consult our website
(www.unesco.org/culture/endangeredlanguages/goodpractices
<http://www.unesco.org/culture/endangeredlanguages/goodpractices>) for
further information about the Register, as well as to download the
Register submission form for entries; or contact me at the E mail
address given below for any questions.

Thank you, and best regards,

Barbara Soukup

UNESCO Endangered Languages Programme