The Bahamas: Chinese partner with COB for Mandarin language programme

Francis Hult francis.hult at UTSA.EDU
Wed Jan 30 20:42:50 UTC 2008

Freeport News

Chinese partner with COB for Mandarin language programme

The Chinese Ministry of Education's presentation of language books and teaching aids to the College of The Bahamas (COB) will assist with the Mandarin Chinese classes at the institution's International Languages and Cultures Institute (ILCI), COB President Janyne Hodder said at a press conference on January 24.

"It is clear that there is an appetite in this country for the kind of outreach that this programme represents," Hodder said. "This is a programme that is accessible to everyone in the country. If you want to want to learn Mandarin or, for that matter, any of the other languages we are teaching, we are here to serve you and to serve your goals."

Full story:

http://freeport.nassauguardian.net/national_local/345101185976525.php