Summer School on Research Methods in Language Learning and Teaching

Francis Hult francis.hult at utsa.edu
Wed May 6 22:46:00 UTC 2009

Via AAAL...

LINGUAPOLIS is proud to announce its first Summer School on qualitative and quantitative research methods in language learning and teaching:

A Toolbox for Design-Based Research

University of Antwerp, 16 to 20 August 2009.

Lecturers are Sven De Maeyer, PhD, and Vincent Donche, PhD (Institute for Education and Information Sciences, University of Antwerp).

The course will focus on methodological considerations in designing and conducting empirical research. We will highlight the practical issues involved in the use of qualitative and quantitative research methods. Insight will be given into the most commonly used data-collection techniques such as surveys, interviews, and observation. Further we will analyse how to generate more data-driven conclusions.

The target group are researchers in language learning and teaching who need to investigate user data or results of specific design practices and experiments in a more evidence-based manner.

The number of participants is limited to 25. Timely registration (or reservation) is therefore necessary.

Check http://summerschool.linguapolis.be for more information and registration or contact ann.aerts at ua.ac.be

Kind regards,

Jozef Colpaert, director

Ann Aerts, event manager