How to learn a foreign language online

Francis Hult francis.hult at utsa.edu
Mon Oct 26 20:49:55 UTC 2009

CNN.com

How to learn a foreign language online

By Elizabeth Landau

Whether I was squeezing myself into a crowded subway car or admiring the fall leaves around at Tsaritsino Park, I was constantly learning new Russian words during my two-week study trip to Moscow last October.

When I came back, I had vague notions of continuing my linguistic education through classes and books. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any convenient classes, and the textbooks didn't hold my attention for long.

I had basically given up when, about two months ago, I came upon the opportunity to use a program called Rosetta Stone. Having refreshed my vocabulary with it, I then turned to the Internet to see what other resources were available to help me stay on top of my language learning.

Here's what I've found:

Full story:

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/TECH/10/24/language.training.online/