Emerging Languages, Emergent Knowledge

van Lier, Leo A. lvanlier at miis.edu
Tue Feb 22 00:50:34 UTC 2011

Funny .... nothing from the Tea Party or Glenn Beck about mother language day?

LvL

On Feb 21, 2011, at 10:59 AM, Francis Hult wrote:

The Huffington Post

Emerging Languages, Emergent Knowledge

When ideas go extinct, we all grow poorer. Half the world's 7,000 languages now face extinction; a dramatic shift in human intellectual history. Our 21st century world -- replete with wondrous technologies -- rests upon the foundation of all humankind's prior wisdom and creativity.

Full story:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/k-david-harrison/emerging-languages-emerge_b_825256.html
The Huffington Post