World Congress of Modern Languageges

David Balosa dbalosa1 at umbc.edu
Sat Mar 15 14:09:14 UTC 2014

I thought some of you may want to know about this Congress.

Dear FIPLV colleagues,

I am writing with further information about the 2015 World Congress of
Modern Languages: Collaborating across Languages and Borders, which this
time FIPLV is organising with our hosting partners CASLT (Canadian
Association of Second Language Teachers) and OMLTA (Ontario Modern Language
Teachers¹ Association). The congress will take place in Niagara Falls (ON),
Canada, March 26-28, 2015.

The Call for Proposals is now open, with a closing date of 1 May 2014. For
details on how to submit, please follow the links from the FIPLV website:

http://fiplv.com/world-congresses

The 2015 World Congress promises to be the best one yet! We are expecting
over 1000 participants from Canada, the USA, and many other countries around
the world, so the congress will be held at the Sheraton on the Falls Hotel
and Conference Centre in the spectacular heart of Niagara Falls. We hope
you'll take this opportunity to network with language educators from many
different backgrounds, and to share innovative approaches to language
learning, teaching and assessment. Themes to be explored include: new
technologies and social networking, student motivation, languages and
culture, the Common European Framework of Reference, and linguistic
diversity, and will include both practical and research-focused sessions as
well as a vast exhibition of resources.

We hope you'll join us in Canada! Please circulate this information to your
members, add information to your websites, and encourage attendance. There
will be preferential rates for FIPLV members so make sure you have paid your
subscriptions too!

For your information, we are also attaching a poster that you can use at
your events.

With very best wishes

Terry

President FIPLV

--
Professor Terry Lamb

Professor of Languages and Pedagogy
Director of Learning and Teaching
Director, MA in Applied Professional Studies in Education
Senate Award Fellow for Sustained Excellence in Learning and Teaching

President, FIPLV (Fédération Internationale des Professeurs de Langues
Vivantes)
Chief Editor, International Journal of Innovation in Language Learning and
Teaching
School of Education
The Education Building
388 Glossop Road
Sheffield
S10 2JA

Tel: (+)44 (0)114 222 8118
Fax: (+)44 (0)114 222 8105
http://www.shef.ac.uk/education/staff/academic/lambt.html
https://www.facebook.com/tuosSOE
https://twitter.com/EducationSheff

Times Higher Education University of the Year 2011

FIPLV website: http://www.fiplv.com/
International Journal of Innovation in Language Learning and Teaching:
http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals/journal.asp?issn=1750-1229&linktype=1
<http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals/journal.asp?issn=1750-1229&linktype=1<http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals/journal.asp?issn=1750-1229&linktype=1>

FIPLV WC 2015.pdf
<https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=gmail&attid=0.1&thid=144c58fdef7e8dea&mt=application/pdf&authuser=1&url=https://mail.google.com/mail/u/1/%3fui=2&ik=bb8fbbd824&view=att&th=144c58fdef7e8dea&attid=0.1&disp=safe&realattid=ec35bc95b438216d_0.1&zw&sig=AHIEtbQdTmFMLnkUV3hVJyslpA6EZhOKDw>
--
*David M. Balosa*
*Doctoral Student, PhD Program in Language, Literacy and Culture (LLC)*

Interculturalists GSO President 2012-2013
Member of International Academy for Intercultural Research (IAIR)
Member of Human Dignity and Humiliation Studies (HumanDHS)
*University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC)
**1000 Hilltop Circle, Baltimore, MD 21250*

There is no price for human dignity!
The world would be a better place if we all strive for 'intercultural
justice' and global intercultural citizenship for dignity.