ELL: Strategies for Language Revitalization

Akira Y. Yamamoto akira at ukans.edu
Sun Aug 8 20:46:39 UTC 1999

*** EOOH ***
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 1999 15:46:39 -0500
To: endangered-languages-l at carmen.murdoch.edu.au
From: "Akira Y. Yamamoto" <akira at ukans.edu>
Subject: Re: ELL: Strategies for Language Revitalization
Sender: owner-endangered-languages-l at carmen.murdoch.edu.au

Dear Lyle and Joan:
     A similar project for North America is being undertaken by the Institute
     for the Preservation of the Original Languages of the Americas (IPOLA).
     IPOLA with the Committee on Endangered Languages and Their Preservation
     (CELP) of the Linguistic Society of America is also updating the 1996
     survey of the endangered languages (data gathered from the members of the
     Linguistic Society of America and of the Society for the Study of the
     Indigenous Languages of the Amercas).  Thus, you may want to contact Ms.
     Inee Slaughter of IPOLA (<ipola at roadrunner.com>).  Best, Akira

     At 06:24 PM 7/27/99 +1200, you wrote:

     >Dear language revitalization/endangered language colleague(s),
     >
     >We are writing both to seek help and to offer help.  We have a small
     >three-year grant to survey research and applied programs on language
     >revitalization (project title:  "Strategies for Language
     Revitalization").

     endangered-languages-l at carmen.murdoch.edu.au
     majordomo at carmen.murdoch.edu.au
     >----