ELL: To M. McDaniel

Matthew McDaniel akha at LOXINFO.CO.TH
Thu Aug 23 04:34:35 UTC 2001

Mike:

The text is preliminary on the web as I do not know ahead of time what
people would find useful, and there is a limit of time, money and manpower
to put a walk through Akha library on the web.

The text is part of the text of a section on grammar.

Many Akha already read, so they know what it means in words but might not
understand its application without an instructor.  Since the book ranges
over many topics, it is not expected that the Akha just learning to read
would use this part.

The text starts with alphabet and tones, examples, stories, songs, ballads,
geneologies, medicinal treatments and in the end the grammar.

The grammar is included in the book, but it is not expected that Akha people
would use this alone, rather in a teaching environment with an Akha
instructor.

The grammar is the last thing that I think an Akha would learn, learning to
read first things which they use commonly in their oral traditions.

I did not write the grammar, so the next time I see the writer and editor I
will ask him about it.

Any Akha with internet access could look at the text and pick and choose
what THEY find useful.

I don't know what you are looking for so I don't know what you will find
useful.

If you can ask me I will have some place to start.

Overall your tone sounds very critical.

Matthew

--
Matthew McDaniel
The Akha Heritage Foundation

Join The Growing International Effort To Protect The Akha
Sign The Petition To The Thai Government
On Line At:
http://www.PetitionOnline.com/AkhaZauh/petition.html

http://www.akha.org

Donations:
PayPal: https://www.paypal.com/refer/pal=akha%40loxinfo.co.th

Credit Card Donation Site:
http://www.drugwar.com/store/proddetail.cfm?ItemID=12&CategoryID=6

Your donation goes to infant care, vitamins, medical supplies, wells, bread
and fish for the villages.

Donations by check or money order may be sent to:
The Akha Heritage Foundation
PO BOX 6073
Salem OR 97304  USA

----