Ron Kuzar's Hungarian example

Carl Mills Carl.Mills at UC.EDU
Wed Jan 10 13:34:59 UTC 1996

An interesting note on Ron's Hungarian example.  In Estonian possession
is typically indicated through the use of the addessive case.  I can't
remember the word for "money" right now, so I'll substitute "a car":

                Mul                                                                             on                                                                      auto.
                first                                                                   be                                                                              car
                singular                                                third
                addessive                                       singular
                                                                                                                                present
literally:  'at/on/stuck to me is car'
idiomatically:  'I have a car'

I'll look through my Sami grammar to see how Sami does it.

Carl Mills