we bees be doing it again

Enrique Figueroa E. efiguero at CAPOMO.USON.MX
Fri Apr 18 18:45:50 UTC 1997

I'm not a native speaker-hearer of English, so no wonder that to my
"prevaricational idiolect" the Granny's *do* sounds awful... I think,
though, there may be some truth in the observation about *being good* being
semantically interpreted as a process+result, in the sense of *behave
well* or, even better, *attain the goal of well-behaving*... Max