NO SUBJECT

Enrique Figueroa E. efiguero at CAPOMO.USON.MX
Mon Apr 28 16:38:54 UTC 1997

I wish I could believe the list you propose everyone (everyone?) to
subscribe to would like that and care to answer back... But, by the way,
why restrict, in a Manicheistic way, the discussions that go on in/on
FUNKNET to the contraposition of functionalism versus Chomskyanism? I
think one among the very good traits of FUNKNET is it's openness to all
sorts of
opinions! A trait I doubt very much (hope I'm all wrong, though!) would
also be that of GB2MP...
Formalist linguists have won a reputation with respect to their
"patience" towards poor second-class pseudolinguists who don't feel
comfortable with their jargon and views... Those who don"t honour this
reputation do care to participate, as I see it, on FUNKNET. Perhaps we
are here in need of a "neutral" discussion list, for those who really
care to interact on theoretical issues?
For the rest, I entirely agree with your comments (and with your spirit,
methinks). Cheers! Max