Sentences once more

Dan Everett dan.everett at MAN.AC.UK
Sat Apr 12 18:03:34 UTC 2003

Wally,

Two things. First, I agree with every single syllable in your last
posting, even the punctuation. Second, I know very well that you are a
dedicated, accomplished fieldworker. I thought that the irony of you
appearing to say something that ignored fieldwork was obvious and so
wanted to draw attention to this. My remark was not intended as a
statement on your status as a fieldworker, but the consequences of a
single statement you made. Now that you have clarified it, the irony has
dissipated.

-- Dan