criticisms of grammaticalization

D.L. Everett daniel.everett at uol.com.br
Mon Feb 27 19:56:35 UTC 2006

It is perhaps true that all minds have the same capacity for
expressive power in some non-pathological biological sense. But that
is all the statement below about 'potential' expressive power
addresses, not languages.

The EU is investing several hundred thousand euros in the study of
Piraha over the next three years, with several psycholinguists and
linguists visiting the Pirahas to conduct follow-up experiments on my
claims. So we shall have the evidence requested below over the next
year or three.

Dan