Reflections cont'd (2)

Mark P. Line mark at polymathix.com
Thu Mar 23 00:36:04 UTC 2006

Diane Frances Lesley-Neuman wrote:
> "Reality makes language intelligible.""Language makes reality
> intelligible."
> How about Carol Fowler and Direct Realism?

I can see images in my mind when I hallucinate, and there's no direct
realism involved. I can see images in my mind when I imagine a scene with
my eyes closed, and there's no direct realism involved. Why would I want
to postulate that there's anything special, much less more direct or more
realistic, about perception? If direct realists had any *evidence* of
something special, they wouldn't have to postulate it.

-- Mark

Mark P. Line
Polymathix
San Antonio, TX