Text-to-Speech from Hebrew Unpointed Text

A. Katz amnfn at well.com
Mon Jan 19 01:03:51 UTC 2009

Dear Funknetters,

As a part of my attempts to come up with more rigorous methods of proof
for Project Bow, I find myself looking for a text-to-speech program that
can take unpointed written Hebrew input and come up with correct
pronunciation.

Is anybody already working on this problem? Has anyone suggested an
algorithm?

Providing the unspecified vowels in a standard Hebrew text is something
speakers do in reference to the discourse context. Is there any software
that attempts to do what speakers do naturally when reading unpointed
Hebrew?

Thank you in advance for your help,

      --Aya Katz

http://hubpages.com/hub/Bow-and-Literacy