Peer reviewing

A. Katz amnfn at well.com
Thu Apr 1 15:48:50 UTC 2010

On Thu, 1 Apr 2010, Daniel Everett wrote:

> If two people read your point and don't get it, then *you*, not they, are at fault.

The above statement can't possibly be univerally true. I'm sure we've all
had the experience of making a point, and stating it very clearly, and
having two other people not understand.

It's not the number of people who understand a statement that determines
ultimately whether it is well drafted, falsifiable or true.

I think the number of people who will not understand a point goes up in
direct relation to how novel the assertion is. We have trouble parsing
sentences we've never seen before.

Best,

     --Aya

http://hubpages.com/profile/Aya+Katz