Query of interest to Funknetters

Lesley-Neuman, D.F. d.f.lesley-neuman.2 at hum.leidenuniv.nl
Mon Sep 13 18:02:25 UTC 2010

Given the debate, I should think that this query on the Linguist List
should be of interest.

1)
Date: 09-Sep-2010
From: Edouard Machery < machery at pitt.edu >
Subject: Request for Participation for Innateness Study

Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 11:41:07
From: Edouard Machery [machery at pitt.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-3616
.html&submissionid=2647414&topicid=8&msgnumber=1

Dear colleagues,

Paul Griffiths (Sydney), Joshua Knobe (Yale), Stefan Linquist (Guelph),
Edouard Machery (Pittsburgh), Richard Samuels (OSU), and Karola Stotz
(Sydney) are collecting data about scientists' use of the notion of
innateness in several disciplines. We are particularly interested in how
linguists use this notion.

We would like to invite you to take part to a short web study (at most
10 minutes). You will be asked to read a few vignettes and to judge
whether some traits are innate. You will also be asked to fill out a
brief demographic questionnaire.

This survey is entirely anonymous, and the study has be approved by
Guelph IRB, OSU IRB, Pittsburgh IRB, Sydney IRB, and Yale IRB.

To participate to this study, follow the following link:
http://yale.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_5yTK6uiKUc9HPy4

We would also appreciate if you could forward this e-mail to your
colleagues and graduate students!

Many thanks for your help!!

Edouard Machery

Linguistic Field(s): Cognitive Science
                     Pragmatics
                     Semantics

Diane Lesley-Neuman
PhD Researcher
Leiden University Centre for Linguistics/
Languages and Cultures of Africa
Van Wijkplaats 4 Office 103A
2311 BV Leiden  The Netherlands
Email: d.f.lesley-neuman.2 at hum.leidenuniv.nl