Software for Corpus Linguistics

Lise Fontaine FontaineL at cardiff.ac.uk
Mon Jul 30 11:49:08 UTC 2012

Dear Sidi

I'd like to recommend the UAM CorpusTool
http://www.wagsoft.com/CorpusTool/. It's excellent and is able to do many
different things and I know it can handle other languages but I'm not sure
which ones.

with best wishes
Lise

From:   Sidney Facundes <sidi at ufpa.br>
To:     FUNKNET at rice.edu
Date:   30/07/2012 10:51
Subject:        [FUNKNET] Software for Corpus Linguistics
Sent by:        funknet-bounces at mailman.rice.edu

                 Dear all,

                 Please, would anyone have suggestions as to what the best
software tools there are out there now for corpus linguistics? WordSmith
is the first one that comes to mind, but I'm not informed of alternatives.
I've been told that R can also be used, but requires programming. I'm
interested in tools that can manage languages other than English,
including languages with non-Roman letters. I've found some freeware but
that do not seem to handle non-Roman scripts.

                 Thanks for any suggestion you may have.

                 Best,
                 Sidi Facundes