[Gala-l] [INVITATION] Learning from Africa: Equal opportunities for women in academia

Anna Finzel finzel at uni-potsdam.de
Fri Sep 27 23:24:56 UTC 2019

Dear all,

sorry in advance for cross-posting.

This is an invitation to a non-linguistic conference, but maybe the
topic is relevant to some of you. We'd look very much forward to
welcoming you in Potsdam!

We'd also be very grateful if you circled the invitation amongst people
you think might be interested, via e-mail, mailing lists and social
networks – whichever means you consider suitable.

All the best from Potsdam
Anna Finzel

########################### INVITATION ############################

The Equal Opportunities Office and the Department of English and
American Studies at Potsdam University cordially invite you to the
following conference:

*Learning from Africa: Equal opportunities for women in academia*

During this exchange-oriented event we discuss how equal opportunities
for women are implemented at African universities, talk about the
situation in Germany and seek to develop strategies in order to improve
the career opportunities for women in academia in the long term.

Venue and date:

* 28-29 October 2019
* 9.30 hs. until app. 18 hs.
* University of Potsdam, Campus Neues Palais
* 30 Oktober: Public panel discussion at Wissenschaftsetage Potsdam
* Networking: African buffet, conference dinner, boat trip

We welcome the following speakers:

– JEMIMA AKOSUA ANDERSON	University of Ghana, Ghana
– GRACE DAWSON-AHMOAH		University of Ghana, Ghana
– SUSAN COETZEE-VAN ROOY	North-West University, South Africa
– PHELADI FAKUDE		North-West University, South Africa
– CHANTELLE KRUGER		North-West University, South Africa
– KAVE BULAMBO			Founder and CEO of “My Career Path”
– HEIKE KÜCHMEISTER		Potsdam Graduate School
– CHRISTINA WOLFF		Central Equal Opportunities Officer UP
– LILLIAN BRISE			Independent researcher (D/CH/Nigeria)

In order to facilitate the organisation of the event, please register in
advance via the following link, where more information is also available:

[0]
<https://www.uni-potsdam.de/gleichstellung/veranstaltungen-und-aktionen/aktuelle-veranstaltungen/conference-learning-from-africa-equal-opportunities-for-women-in-academia.html>

We're looking very much forward to your participation and to interesting
and fruitful discussions.

With warm regards
Anna Finzel

--
Anna Finzel, M.A.
Department of English and American Studies

http://www.uni-potsdam.de/en/iaa-dvel/academic-staff/anna-finzel-ma.html