[Gala-l] BOOKS FOR REVIEWS - JOURNAL OF GENDER AND LANGUAGE

Federica Formato federicaformato.ac at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 13:40:25 UTC 2021

Dear all,

I hope this email finds you well and safe wherever you are.

If you are interested in writing a review for the journal, please see the
list below, by adding the title you are interested in, and some info about
yourself (e.g. affiliation). Alternatively, if you want to review a title
that is not in the list, please feel free to send me an email. We would be
happy to guide you through the process. In the meantime, please note that
reviews should not be longer than 1000 words.

If you know of any recent volume on the topic of gender, sexuality and
language that you would like me to include in the following emails, please
keep in touch!

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best wishes,

Federica

De Marco, Marcella,and Piero Toto. 2019. Gender approaches in the
translation classroom. Cham, Switzerland: Palgrave Macmillan.
https://www.palgrave.com/gb/book/9783030043896·

Tobias Bernaisch. 2020. Gender in World Englishes
https://www.cambridge.org/us/academic/subjects/languages-linguistics/english-language-and-linguistics-general-interest/gender-world-englishes?format=HB
"

Angela Zottola. 2021  Transgender Identities in the Press
A Corpus-based Discourse Analysis
https://www.bloomsbury.com/us/transgender-identities-in-the-press-9781350097544/"
(this is available in February)

O'Dwyer,Fergus. 2020. Linguistic Variation and Social Practices of
Normative Masculinity Authority and Multifunctional Humour in a Dublin
Sports Club –https://www.taylorfrancis.com/books/9781003014140

Shaw, Sylvia. 2020. Women,Language and Politics. Cambridge: Cambridge
UniversityPress.doi:10.1017/9781139946636.013
https://www.cambridge.org/core/books/women-language-and-politics/98A741CBDC83520ED11D8B7F82D3A1952020

Leap,William. 2020. Language Before Stonewall. Language, Sexuality,
History. Palgrave.https://rd.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-3-030-33516-8·

Lane, Nikki. 2020.The Black Queer Work of Ratchet. Race, Gender, Sexuality,
and the(Anti)Politics of Respectability. Palgrave
https://www.palgrave.com/gp/book/9783030233181·

Caldas-Coulthard, Carmen Rosa (Editor).2020. Innovations and Challenges:
Women,Language and Sexism. Routledge
https://www.routledge.com/Innovations-and-Challenges-Women-Language-and-Sexism/Caldas-Coulthard/p/book/9780367133726·

Federica Formato BA, MA, PhD

Senior Lecturer in Sociolinguistics, University of Brighton

https://research.brighton.ac.uk/en/persons/federica-formato

*http://federicaformato.wixsite.com/federicaformato
<http://federicaformato.wixsite.com/federicaformato>*