[Gala-l] Gender, Sexuality and Language Studies (GSLS) Reading & Research Group (GSLS)

Claire Maree cmaree at unimelb.edu.au
Tue Feb 15 02:19:40 UTC 2022

Gender, Sexuality and Language Studies (GSLS) Reading & Research Group (GSLS)
GSLS is back for 2022! This year we are opening the sessions up to colleagues more broadly with the aim of facilitating broader networks and possible collaborations across the Asia-Pacific regions.
Gender, Sexuality and Language Studies (GSLS) Reading & Research Group is coordinated by Claire Maree from the Asia Institute, University of Melbourne.
GSLS aims to provide a forum for researchers exploring the intersections of gender, sexuality and language studies.
The monthly meetings focus discussion on research published in the field. We also encourage members to present their work in progress.
The next GSLS will be 2:00pm-3:30pm [AEDT] 24th Feb, 2022 [Thursday] via zoom.
We will be reading & discussing Chapter 3 "Lexical Aspects of Pick-Up Artist Discourse" In: The language of pick-up artists by Dayter and Ruediger (2022).

For more information and to register your interest, please email GSLS coordinator, A/Prof Claire Maree [University of Melbourne] <cmaree at unimelb.edu.au<mailto:cmaree at unimelb.edu.au>>

______________________
Claire Maree (PhD)
Associate Professor & Reader | Asia Institute | University of Melbourne
Deputy Associate Dean Research Grants | Faculty of Arts  | University of Melbourne
Faculty Affiliate, Gender Studies Program  | Faculty of Arts | University of Melbourne
Centre Associate, Melbourne Centre for Cities | University of Melbourne

President, International Gender and Language Association (IGALA) @IgalaPresident<https://twitter.com/IgalaPresident>
Co-Coordinator,  International Network of Gender, Sexuality & Japanese Language Education (INGS-Japanese)  @INGS_JLng<https://twitter.com/INGS_JLng>

*Recent Publications*
- queerqueen: Linguistic Excess in Japanese Media. (Oxford University Press, 2020)
*Publications from ARC-DP Project “30 years of talk”
- Tanaka, Lidia, Kaori Okano, Ikuko Nakane, Claire Maree, Shimako Iwasaki, Chie Takagi. 2021. Japanese women’s speech through life-transitions (1989-2000): an analysis of youth language features. Journal of Linguistic Anthropology, 31 (1):  119-143. DOI: 10.1111/jola.12302
- Ikuko Nakane, Kaori Okano, Claire Maree, Chie Takagi, Lidia Tanaka, Shimako Iwasaki. 2021. Varying orientations to sharing life stories: A diachronic study of Japanese women's discourse. Language and Society (online first) https://doi.org/10.1017/S0047404521000415
* Publications from GEM Research Cluster
- Qiuping Pan, Jay Song, Ryan Gustafsson & Claire Maree (2021) Sexual citizenship and Asian immigrants in post-marriage equality Australia, Citizenship Studies, 25(8):1058-107. DOI: 10.1080/13621025.2021.1981827

Pronouns: -/her/-

I acknowledge the Traditional Owners of the land on which I work, and pay my respects to the Elders, past and present.
CRICOS: 00116K
 This email and any attachments may contain personal information or information that is otherwise confidential or the subject of copyright. Any use, disclosure or copying of any part of it is prohibited. The University does not warrant that this email or any attachments are free from viruses or defects. Please check any attachments for viruses and defects before opening them. If this email is received in error, please delete it and notify us by return email.