[IGALA] Conferences in Europe

Federica Formato F.Formato at brighton.ac.uk
Mon Oct 2 19:49:40 UTC 2023

Dear all,

I hope you are well. I am writing to share two calls for two very interesting conferences in Europe!

IMean 7 - Bristol, UK, June 2024

https://www.uwe.ac.uk/research/centres-and-groups/bcl/seminar-series-and-events/imean

CADS - Innsbruck, July 2024

We are happy to announce the call for papers for the 7th Corpora & Discourse International Conference (#CADS 2024), which will be hosted by the Universität Innsbruck, Austria, and will take place from 17 to 19 July 2024.

We are delighted to announce our confirmed keynote speakers:

  *   Paul Baker (Lancaster University, UK)
  *   Gerlinde Mautner (Wirtschaftsuniversität Wien, Austria)
  *   Anatol Stefanowitsch (Freie Universität Berlin, Germany)
  *   Rachelle Vessey (Carleton University, Canada)

The call for papers opens on 2 October 2023 and closes on 15 January 2024. We invite interested parties to submit abstracts for research papers and posters that employ corpus-assisted discourse analysis.
All abstracts should be submitted via the conference tool https://webapp.uibk.ac.at/cads2024 (see further instructions attached). All abstracts should be anonymised and include a title and up to five keywords.
All abstracts should be submitted as Word documents formatted according to the conference style sheet, which can be downloaded from the conference website (see below).

Key dates:

The call for papers opens on 2 October 2023.
The deadline for abstract submission is 15 January 2024.
Notification of acceptance (or rejection) will be sent out by 1 March 2024.
The conference will take place from 17 to 19 July 2024.

Please feel free to forward this information to your colleagues, students and friends who might be interested in sending their abstracts.

Best wishes,

Dr Federica Formato (she/her/hers)

Senior Lecturer in Sociolinguistics

Course Leader English Language/Linguistics subject area

https://research.brighton.ac.uk/en/persons/federica-formato

https://federicaformato.wixsite.com/federicaformato

(new) office: Mithras, 149