[IGALA] Reminder to renew your IGALA membership every year!

Burnett, Scott scott.burnett at psu.edu
Thu Jun 13 19:34:28 UTC 2024

Dear IGALA members

Paying your membership fee makes a real contribution to keeping IGALA up-and-running!

What do we use the money for?

- Bursaries for graduate students to attend the IGALA conference – we save this money from year to year to make the pot bigger
- Graduate assistantships to provide editorial support to the editors of Gender & Language – this is an annual cost
- Communications costs such as hosting the IGALA website – and other services for which we need to pay fees

These costs keep on rising every year, and we’re trying to keep the membership fee affordable for everybody.

So please do go to the Equinox website now to check that your membership is up-to-date:

https://journal.equinoxpub.com/GL/index

1. Navigate to the Gender & Language site
2. Log in with your member details
3. Check that the expiry date for your subscription is at some point in the future
4. If not, renew your IGALA membership today!

Here’s an example of what it should look like:

We need your support, and appreciate your commitment! Thank you!

Yours sincerely,
Scott Burnett
Secretary, IGALA
___________________________
Scott Burnett (he/him)
Assistant Professor of African Studies and Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies
The Pennsylvania State University
scott.burnett at psu.edu
https://psu.zoom.us/my/scott.burnett
Sparks 015H

AFR <https://africanstudies.la.psu.edu/directory/skb6434/> / WGSS <https://wgss.la.psu.edu/people/skb6434/>
 <https://www.genderandlanguage.com/>Secretary of the International Gender and Language Association <https://igalaweb.wixsite.com/igala>
2023–2024 Fellow of the Centre for Global Studies <https://cgs.la.psu.edu/>
Google Scholar <https://scholar.google.co.za/citations?user=mmPM2PEAAAAJ&hl=en>

The Pennsylvania State University campuses are located on the original homelands of the Erie, Haudenosaunee (Seneca, Cayuga, Onondaga, Oneida, Mohawk, and Tuscarora), Lenape (Delaware Nation, Delaware Tribe, Stockbridge-Munsee), Shawnee (Absentee, Eastern, and Oklahoma), Susquehannock, and Wahzhazhe (Osage) Nations. Penn State’s ‘land grant’ was funded by the sale of land taken from 112 tribal nations in 50 land cessions across 16 states.