[I-LanD Research Centre] Languaging Diversity 2021_Conference Announcement & CfP

I-LanD Interuniversity Research Centre i-land at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Jan 26 14:32:53 UTC 2021

[Apologies for cross-posting]

Dear all,

The I-LanD Research Centre is proud to announce the 7th edition of its
Languaging Diversity series of conferences (LD2021). Following the six
successful events hosted by the Universities of Naples (2013), Catania
(2014), Macerata (2016), Cagliari (2017), Antwerp (2018) and Teruel (2019),
the seventh edition of the Languaging Diversity conference (LD2021) will be
organized by the University of Lille, France. Due to the COVID-19 ongoing
pandemic, the event will be held exclusively online via the virtual
conference management platform Underline.

The 7th edition of the Languaging Diversity conference (LD2021) focuses on
the emotional challenges that result from the social innovations of the last
two decades, and on the way such experiences are expressed in discourse.
Conference convenors invite papers and posters that investigate the
intersection of emotion, communication and social change, also within the
framework of digital communication. The contributions presented at the
LD2021 conference will explore the expression of emotion(s) at the different
levels of linguistic description (phonological, morphological, syntactic,
lexical, semantic, pragmatic, discursive), and in texts and contexts related
to traditional and digital genres in different domains, including (but not
restricted to) health, medicine and science, media, politics, the law,
academia, the world of corporate and institutional work, education and
learning.

Important dates:
- Deadline for submission of abstracts: 1 March 2021
- Notification of acceptance: by 23 April 2021
- Early bird registration opens 23 April and ends 31 August 2021
- Conference: 13-15 October 2021

Further information on the conference and the CfP can be found online at
https://ld2021.sciencesconf.org/resource/page/id/1

Kind regards,
Antonio Fruttaldo

----